Last week we talked about the power food, pumpkin, on our Facebook Business Page. With the arrival of Fall, pumpkins are now in season and a fun vegetable to eat and decorate with! So pick a pumpkin from your local farm or market and get ready to pull out those seeds.
Here’s a fun, simple, easy to prepare great tasting snack:
Toasted Sea Salt and Olive Oil Pumpkin Seeds…Yum!
- Pick pumpkin – the bigger the pumpkin usually the more seeds it has. Wipe outside of pumpkin clean with wet cloth.
- Cut or Carve pumpkin and remove pumpkin seeds. Place pumpkin seeds in bowl and rinse well. Drain pumpkin seeds well and pat dry.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Prepare baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- In a dry bowl, place dry pumpkin seeds. For every cup of pumpkin seeds add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt. Mix well.
- Spread olive oil and sea salt pumpkin seeds on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place in oven and bake until lightly toasted.
- Remove from oven and let cool…and then Enjoy!
If you Want to Spice it UP…sprinkle some of your favourite seasoning – for example oregano, garlic powder or cumin – prior to roasting, toss well and roast away!