TRY THIS AT HOME:
You will need:
2 whole carrots
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
Help from an adult
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
How do you bake a carrot?
- Scrub carrots under running water to remove dirt from the surface. (Store carrots unwashed; only wash them when you are ready to use them.)
- Get rid of any green leaves by trimming the ends of the carrots.
- Use a vegetable peeler to trim thin slices from the outside of the carrot until the entire surface (outside layer) is peeled.
- Cut carrots into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Place carrots on a baking sheet and lightly sprinkle with oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 30 minutes or until carrots are tender and lightly browned.
- Serve while hot and enjoy!
SERVING SIZE: ½ cup
Quick Fix Buy canned or frozen carrots and heat in microwave.
Carrots contain beta-carotene (vitamin A), which gives carrots their orange color and helps with good eyesight. A half cup of carrots gives you 1/2 cup of vegetables on your way to the recommended 2 cups of vegetables per day